Shenandoah University (SU) is a private, coeducational school that blends the best of professional studies and the liberal arts. Seven schools — The Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy, College of Arts & Sciences, Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business, School of Education & Human Development, School of Health Professions (Divisions of Athletic Training, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant Studies), Eleanor Wade Custer School of Nursing (and Division of Respiratory Care), and Shenandoah Conservatory — to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees.
1460 University Drive, Winchester, VA 22601
For two decades, Shenandoah University has also operated in Northern Virginia. Shenandoah University now educates and inspires at two separate Northern Virginia locations.
Scholar Plaza, Loudoun
Programs of study include: undergraduate nursing, respiratory care, Master of Business Administration, graduate education and graduate health professions. Scholar Plaza is located at:
44160 Scholar Plaza, Leesburg, VA 20176
Inova Center for Personalized Health, Fairfax
Programs of study include: pharmacy and pharmacogenomics, and graduate programs in nursing and public health.
3225 Gallows Road, Fairfax, VA 22031
Shenandoah University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Shenandoah University.
Filing a Complaint
To file a complaint against Shenandoah University for alleged non-compliance with an accreditation standard or requirement, you may download the SACSCOC policy on Complaint Procedures from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Colleges website. Please note that the SACSCOC complaint process is not intended to be used to involve the Commission in disputes between individuals and member institutions or to cause the Commission to interpose itself as a reviewing authority in individual matters; nor does the policy allow the Commission to seek redress on an individual’s behalf. The primary purpose of the SACSCOC complaint procedure is to acquire valuable information regarding an accredited institution’s possible non-compliance with accreditation standards, policies and procedures rather than to resolve individual disputes.
To register a complaint against Shenandoah University for any reason unrelated to accreditation, please contact the President’s Office at 540-665-4505 or by email at [email protected].
Normal inquiries about the institution, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs and the like should be addressed directly to the institution and not to the Commission office.
Once all institutional processes have been exhausted and the issue is not resolved, students may file a formal complaint with the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV). SCHEV can be contacted at 804.225.2600 or through the SCHEV Complaint Process website: www.schev.edu/students/studentcomplaint.asp.
Other Accreditation Bodies
Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA)
Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME)*
American Music Therapy Association, Inc. (AMTA)
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB)
Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV)
Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)
University Senate of the United Methodist Church
Virginia Board of Nursing
Virginia Department of Education
and other appropriate associations and agencies
*ACME – 8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1550, Silver Spring, MD 20910-6374; (240) 485-1800; www.midwife.org/acme
Federal Law Compliance Annual Disclosure
In compliance with federal law, Shenandoah University makes annual disclosure of the following:
- Campus Security Report. This report is available on the Department of Public Safety page of the Shenandoah University website and in the Public Safety, Human Resources and Admissions offices.
- Financial Assistance. This information includes, but is not limited to, a description of all federal, state, local, private and institutional student financial assistance programs. The information is available in both of the university’s catalogs and in the Financial Aid Office.
- Institutional Information. The reports and information include, but are not limited to, cost of attendance (tuition and fees, estimates of costs for books and supplies, estimates of charges for room and board, estimates of transportation costs and any additional program costs); refund policy; requirements or procedures for officially withdrawing from the university; summary of regulations for the return of Title IV grant or loan assistance; the institution’s academic programs, names of associations, agencies, or governmental bodies that accredit, approve, or license the institution and its programs; description of any special facilities and services available to disabled students, names, titles and contact information for designated persons; a statement regarding student enrollment in study abroad programs; and location of documents describing the institutions accreditation, approval or licensing. Reports and information are available in Hornet Central, the Financial Aid Office, Human Resources Office, Academic Affairs Office, Registrar’s Office and Academic Enrichment Center.
- Completion and Graduation Rates. This information is available in the Office of Enrollment Management and Student Success.
- Athletic Program Participation and Financial Support Data. This report/information is available in the Office of Athletics and the Office of Enrollment Management and Student Success.