2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog
2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog
Shenandoah University educates and inspires individuals to be critical, reflective thinkers; lifelong learners; and ethical, compassionate citizens who are committed to making responsible contributions within a community, a nation and the world.
Shenandoah University’s Core Values:
- Development of an enduring passion for learning
- Commitment to self-reflection and personal development
- Respect for diverse cultures, experiences, and perspectives
- Celebration of creative performance, expression, teaching, and discovery
- Cultivation of leadership to advance positive change and growth
- Dedication to citizenship, professional services, and global outreach
Shenandoah University will be nationally recognized for forward thinking programs that produce competitive and purposeful graduates.
Shenandoah University will be highly valued for:
- particular strength, both academically and institutionally, in the performing arts, healthcare and entrepreneurship
- education that prepares students not only for the present but for the future
- a commitment to intellectual and creative rigor and liberal arts infused curricula
- a campus culture of compassion, responsibility, advocacy and justice which graduates are inspired to replicate in communities beyond Shenandoah
- a sustainable educational and financial model within a changing educational market
Shenandoah University distinguishes itself by providing opportunities to gain knowledge and develop skills in a collaborative, personalized environment that intertwines professional and liberal learning. A Shenandoah education incorporates scholarship, experiential learning and sophisticated technologies, as well as practical wisdom.
As an institution affiliated with the United Methodist Church, Shenandoah University practices the highest ethical standards in its interactions with the community and with students of all faiths. Within a community of scholars, Shenandoah promotes the welfare of the whole person by fostering a nurturing environment in which students learn, grow and flourish.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
Reservation to Make Necessary Changes
This catalog is a source of general information and does not constitute an irrevocable contract between Shenandoah University and any person. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of this catalog; however, Shenandoah University reserves the right to make necessary changes to the provisions and policies of this catalog at any time. All such changes are effective at such time as determined by Shenandoah University and may apply to all prospective and matriculated students. Every effort will be made to minimize the inconvenience such changes might create for students.